Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monitoring Your Game Plan Progress

This year I am left with two main themes in my teaching - summer/beach and safety. I am researching to find some virtual field trips that may take us to see the ocean. I know that a series called Planet Earth has been published but it the vocabulary is over the heads of my Kindergarteners. I am looking for more resources that may allow the students to see different parts of the ocean they do not typically see when they may vacation at the beach. I would also like to find a few different ways to show how certain animals live in the ocean.

I do not feel that I need to monitor my game plan at this point. I have been doing what I planned and have been focused on my two goals of designing and developing digital age experiences within my classroom as well as being a model of digital age learning for my students.

So far, I have learned that there are a lot more resouces available if you look in the right places and ask colleagues. I have also found our textbook to be valuable introducing me to new ways to incorporate technology into my instruction and assessment.

A concern that has arisen during this process (not a question) is time! I am having trouble finding the time at this point of the school year to put the effort I was planning into this GAME plan. I do not feel my students are suffering because of this, however, I am not living up to my own personal expectations. I am looking forward to the summer where I will have more time to explore the new resources that I have found and plan ideas for the beginning of the year so my students can be exposed to technology at the start of their Kindergarten experience.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2011

    Stacey,

    Disney Nature came out with an awesome DVD called Oceans. It has some great footage. If you can get a hold of a copy, it really spans all ages.

    I was thinking the same thing as you about having the summer to research and plan. I know that there will definitely be more free time to accomplish this and I could start day one with my students.

    Erika Yee

    May 26, 2011

    ReplyDelete